About Parkinson's Victoria
Parkinson’s Victoria raises awareness and funds for services and research to improve the quality of life for 27,000 people living with Parkinson’s in Victoria.
Every day, our multi-disciplinary health team provide information, education, advice and peer support services to improve the life of the Parkinson’s community.
Over a 12 month period from March 2020 – March 2021 we were able to:
- Support over 3,000 calls taken by our Health Team
- Make over 1,000 outbound phone calls to our members ensuring they were supported during these challenging times
- Help fund six research projects
- Deliver over 80 different education sessions
- Support over 75 Peer Support Groups
- Run 21 online singing session and so much more!
All thanks to the support of our amazing community.
Behind every number above is a person who has been provided critical support by Parkinson’s Victoria. All of which was made possible by individuals and teams who took part in 27forParkinsons.
With your help, this year we can extend our support to those living with Parkinson’s, their families and carers, peer support groups and health care professionals.
For any health related needs, please call our Freecall Information Line on 1800 644 189.
Who We Are
Parkinson's is the second most common neurological condition in Australia.
20 per cent of people living with Parkinsons are under 50 years old.
30 Australians are diagnosed with Parkinson’s every day.